GFCF Creamy Pumpkin Soup
1 half pumpkin (Jap pumpkin is fine)
1 large white potato
1 cup gluten free soy milk
1 gluten free vegetable stock cube
- Peel potato
- Remove skin from pumpkin and cut into small slivers
- Cut potato into tiny pieces
- Place potato and pumpkin pieces in a saucepan
- Fill saucepan with water so that water level is about 2cm above the vegetables...
- Add vegetable stock cube
- Bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes
- Carefully puree the contents of the saucepan (either a hand-held mixer – or put through the blender when it is cool! – do not put into the blender while hot!)
- Put mix back into saucepan (if you removed it to puree the mix)
- Add a small amount of bush spice
- Add a small amount of black pepper to taste
- Add soy milk
- Stir on low heat for 5-10 minutes...
Awesome!! This will be perfect for October & Halloween when pumpkins are in season!!